When is the first day of class for your school? Here’s the list
It's the three words that many are not ready to hear yet. But, 'Back To School' time is less than a month away for some school districts in Deep East Texas. You've been seeing the back to school specials in area department stores, and a number of area school districts are still scrambling to fill teaching and other job vacancies.
There is a wide variance to the first days of school for area districts. As far as the schools that I researched in the Deep East Texas area, Big Sandy ISD (Dallardsville) and Corrigan-Camden ISD get the 'honor' of being the first to welcome students back to classes (August 4). That may seem like a ridiculously early start for the school year, but keep in mind that all of the schools starting August 10 or before are implementing a 4-day school week, that is, with the exception of Livingston ISD.
Many of the other schools in the Pineywoods are spread out pretty well with starting student return dates falling between August 11 - August 23. Regents Academy in Nacogdoches gets the nod for starting the latest with a return date of August 24.
Here's a look at the first day of class for students at the various school districts across our area. (Feel free to correct us or add a school on our Facebook Page)
- Big Sandy (Dallardsville)
- Corrigan-Camden ISD (4-day school week, Mon-Thur)
- Centerville - Trinity County (4-day school week, Mon-Thur)
- Latexo (4-day school week, Mon-Thur)
- Apple Springs (4-day school week, Tues-Fri)
- Colmesneil (4-day school week, Mon-Thur)
- Mt. Enterprise
- Pineywoods Community Academy (Lufkin)
- West Sabine
- SFA Charter School (Nacogdoches)
- San Augustine
- St. Cyprian's (Lufkin)
- Fredonia Hill Baptist Academy (Nacogdoches)
- St. Patrick's (Lufkin)
- Central Heights
- Christ Episcopal (Nacogdoches)
- Regents Academy (Nacogdoches)