Up To Date Weather Warnings and Rainfall Amounts for East Texas
Heavy rainfall is moving across the Deep East Texas area on this Wednesday. Severe storms have also been noted by the National Weather Service. We will use this site to keep you up to date with weather watches and warnings, road issues, as well as area rainfall totals.
WATCHES AND WARNINGS
- A truck hauling chicken remains has spilled at Kurth Drive and US 69 North in Lufkin. A Haz Mat crew is in route for cleanup. Reduce speed and expect possible delays as this scene clears.
- A Flash Flood Watch is in effect until Thursday at 1 p.m. for Jasper, Newton and Tyler counties.
- FM 324/Old Diboll Highway is not closed at this time, but does have water over the roadway. Travel is discouraged.
- FM 2497 has water over the roadway
- 3/29 7:06 am SH 87 South at FM 3315, FM 2971, FM 2343, FM 2024, and FM 83 in Pineland at the high school. Travel is discouraged in these areas until water recedes.
- 3/29, 7:14 am FM 222 at Big Creek in San Jacinto County has only one lane open due to water over the roadway. Check for flooding updates statewide at drivetexas.org.