If you think your 2020 was rough, at least you didn't accidentally burn down your own trailer. A man in Washington state had had enough of a family of raccoons assuming it was okay that they could live under his trailer rent-free. So naturally, he set fire to his trailer, it sounds like a crazy country song to be honest.

The 38-year-old man tried to scare away the family of raccoons and in trying to freak the raccoons out he knocked over a candle in the process and his trailer went up in flames, luckily no one was hurt. It seems like the raccoons and the man all made it out without a scratch. There is no saving that trailer though.

According to the Facebook page of Benton County, WA Sheriff's Office - Sheriff Jerry Hatcher "Deputies responded to the area of W Evans early this morning to a fully engulfed trailer. We contacted a 38 year old male who said he became frustrated with the family of Raccoons living under the house and while trying to get to them, he knocked a candle over causing the fire. No other people were home and no injuries. The property owners were contacted and advised of the fire. The report and incident are to be forwarded for review. Please be careful when having candles inside your residence. Be safe!"
The moral of the story, just hire a pest control company next time.

Deputies responded to the area of W Evans early this morning to a fully engulfed trailer. We contacted a 38 year old...

Posted by Benton County, WA Sheriff's Office - Sheriff Jerry Hatcher on Sunday, October 18, 2020