Dream Job? Kurth Memorial Library Is Hiring in Lufkin, Texas
If your dream job is working around the stacks at a library this could be the job for you. The Kurth Memorial Library, located at 706 South Raguet Street in Lufkin, Texas is hiring.
The library provides all sorts of services and resources that the community uses on a daily basis. You would have a hand in making sure that their commitment to empowering the citizens of Lufkin with information comes to fruition.
The job's official title is Library Clerk and you should be able to do the following.
- Be familiar with computers, the internet, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word
- Have the ability to stand for long periods of time, stooping, bending, lifting, and pushing a book cart
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to interact positively with the public and fellow employees
- Excellent professional oral communication skills
- Assist library patrons with material check out, registrations, fines, and fee resolutions
- Collect fines/fees using ILS computer and operate a cash register
- Answer multi-line phone
- Assist patrons with various software, databases & material selections
- Assist with programming, promotions, outreach and computer classes
- Shelves, shifts, and straighten materials
The work schedule will vary and all employees are required to contribute 7% pre-tax to the retirement fund through payroll deduction. Non-exempt for overtime.
How Much Does This Job Pay At Kurth Memorial Library
The job pays $11.3758 per hour. I think this would be a great job for someone that is looking to one day become a librarian.
If you love books and want a quiet place to work, this job awaits at cityoflufkin.com/jobs.