Widespread Flooding Reported Across East Texas Roadways
Heavy rain over the past several hours has resulted in rainfall amounts of over 3-4 inches in some areas of the Pineywoods. Radar indicates that more downpours are happening and will lead to some widespread flooding, if it is not already occurring in your area. A Flood Advisory has been issued for much of East Texas including the Lufkin and Nacogdoches areas. A Flash Flood Warning is in place for Angelina, Nacogdoches, San Augustine and Shelby Counties until 7:15 am.
The Texas Department of Transportation says there are numerous reports of flooding across roadways in Deep East Texas. They have singled out some of these problem areas:
- Woden ISD will start at 10am and buses will run 2 hours later than normal due to flooded roadways
- SAN AUGUSTINE COUNTY FLOODING:
* SH 21 West: Flooded with a large tree down.
* FM 1277: Flooded with tree down about 1 mile from SH 103 East
* FM 1992 is flooded. Various other roadways in San Augustine are under water.
LUFKIN/ANGELINA COUNTY UPDATES:
* US 59/SL 287 near US 59 South/South First Street in Lufkin is now open for travel.
* FM 324 South in Angelina County near the railroad tracks is now underwater.
- SH21 East in Nacogdoches has water across the roadways. Motorists should choose alternate routes.
- CR 302–Flooded & Trees DownCR 319–Tree DownCR 331–Tree Down21 E at the county line- Flooded21 E at the small bridge east of Thrall’s- FloodedFM 226 at the bottom of the hill between Woden & Melrose- FloodedAlmost all creek crossings on 95 are impassible
- SL 287 at Tulane Drive in Lufkin is not passable and is CLOSED due to flooding at this time. Motorists should choose alternate routes. Reduce speed and drive to conditions.
- FM 2863 near SL 224 in Nacogdoches is flooded.
- FM 95 between Chireno and Martinsville has water across the roadway at this time
- SH 7 West about 2 miles from Nacogdoches is currently under water.
- Crews are responding to US 59 South near FM 2497 in south Angelina County to monitor for possible flooding
- FM 324 South in Angelina County near the railroad tracks is now underwater.
- SH 7 West near Cheeseland Road in Angelina County is under water.
Motorists should choose alternate routes until water recedes. TxDOT crews are monitoring roadways for rising water and flooded areas.
Visit drivetexas.org for road conditions/closures statewide. Updates will be posted as needed.