Multicultural Festival Coming to Nacogdoches June 26 and 27
We are looking forward to being a part of this year's Multicultural Festival at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Nacogdoches. It's coming up June 26 and 27 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on the grounds of the church at 2508 Appleby Sand Road.
For over 30 years, the Sacred Heart Multicultural Festival has offered diverse food and local entertainment for the entire community. Enjoy the different flavors of Filipino, Mexican, Vietnamese, and Indian food as well as some Texan favorites like fried fish, turkey legs, BBQ sandwiches and sausage. You’ll want to cool off in this summer heat with some Italian Ice, snow cones or ice cream.
While you enjoy your meal, you will be entertained with music from DJ Kit Scott, the Crimestoppers Band, and Enrique Munguia. You can also enjoy watching the Cloggers Dance Group and Ketzaly Mexican Culture Dance Group.
Join the fun challenge of the first ever Washer Tournament and to be held on Sunday, June 27 at 12:30 p.m. You may sign up at any time Saturday or Sunday morning, the fee is $20.00 per team with one $10.00 buy in allowed. You will also be supporting the church with a 50/50 cash pot (50% church/50% winners). It’s open to ages 18 years of age and up.
Children will enjoy the many games like basketball shoot, skee ball, lumberjack axe thrower, an obstacle course, a huge slide and much more. If you can aim steady, join the fun in a game of archery tag with family or friends. Meadow Ridge Archery will be there on Saturday, June 26 to supply you with what you need to tag someone in this active game. On Sunday, June 27, Rose Lake Ranch Petting Zoo will have a variety of unique farm animals that would love your attention. It is fun for all ages!
As your family takes a walk around the church grounds, browse through the various local vendors such as baked goods, fresh flowers, Meme’s kitchen, and more. You’ll find many items to bid on in the Silent Auction located inside the Margil Center. Take a look at the beautiful plants for sale in the Plant Booth that can add beauty from God’s creation to your outdoor home landscape. Be sure to grab a BINGO card for a fun filled game of BINGO for all ages.
Throughout both days of the festival, you won’t want to miss the chance to purchase a few raffle tickets for you and your friends. The drawing will be held on Sunday, June 27 at 4 p.m. Tickets are $10.00 each, 6 for $50 or 15 for $100. The following prizes have been generously donated for the raffle.
- First Prize: 2020 Ford EcoSport SE – Donated by Tipton Ford
- Traeger Grill – Tipton Ford
- Coach Purse – Emma Arayata
- Bayou Classic Fish Fry/2 Burner Set up and $50 Lowe’s gift card – Charlie and Mildred Muckleroy
- Freezer Meat Pack – Butcher Boys
- Tire Alignment and Balance – Herman Power
- Belgium Blue Calf – SS Bar Ranch
- $500 Boatman Tire Gift Certificate – Bennett and Rhonda Montes and Boatman Tire
- Seiko Watch – Ma’s Jewelry
- $200 Visa Gift Card – Blount Farms
In honor of the Year of St. Joseph and his devotion to the Holy Family as guardian and protector, this year the festival is dedicated to Ite Ad Joseph or Go To Joseph.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, June 26, 2021
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Opening Ceremony and Prayer
- 10:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. DJ Kit Scott
- 11:00 a.m. – 2 p.m. KICKS 105.1 Live Roadshow
- 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Crime Stoppers Band
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. DJ Kit Scott
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Cloggers
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. DJ Kit Scott
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Ketzaly Mexican Culture Dance Group
- Meadow Ridge Archery Tag game
Sunday, June 27, 2021
- 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. DJ Kit Scott
- 12:30 p.m. Washer Tournament
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. KICKS 105.1 Live Roadshow
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Enrique Munguia Entertainment
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. DJ Kit Scott
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Ketzaly Mexican Culture Dance Group
- 4:00 p.m. Raffle Drawing
- Rose Lake Ranch Petting Zoo