Creative Ways To Use A Pumpkin Without Carving It
Pumpkin carving can get old... it can be too hard for kids... OR it can just be plain old BORING. I'm constantly finding new ways every year to use my pumpkins in creative ways. I've compiled a list for you AND your kids. For the teens? Just chuck them off of a roof like teens do and call it a day.
Oh... and don't watch American Pie.
FOR THE KIDS
1. Sticker them! SO easy. Not messy. Time consuming. BOOM.
2. Paint the pumpkins.
3. Try this "do it yourself" mummy! All you need is some gauze and some googly eyes.
4. No gauze for the mummy? Make an entire pumpkin out of googly eyes.
5. Take it to the garden and get your little ones a green thumb by planting the pumpkin seeds and watching them grow! We did this in our home garden, and it took two years for the seeds to finally start harvesting. Be patient and try again if it doesn't work right away. Place the seeds in the soil no deeper than one inch.
6. Make a push-pin pumpkin with the older kids. Doubles as a good activity to use up old office supplies!
FOR THE MASSES
1. Make a bird feeder out of your pumpkin! Check out the video below.
2. Eat it! Cook it! Make a pumpkin pie! Here is my absolute favorite recipe to make with pumpkin. It's called a Pumpkin Chiffon Pie and it will change your life.
3. Feeling EXTRA creative? Want to really IMPRESS your friends?! Try this melted crayon pumpkin decorating idea!!!
4. Follow the steps below to make a pumpkin face mask that will give you a dose of fall in your home spa.
- Puree the pumpkin in a food processor until smooth.
- Add in egg, honey, and apple cider vinegar and blend.
- Apply to your clean face.
- Let it soak in for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse and apply your usual skin care products
5. Did you know that mini pumpkins make the perfect little vessel for centerpieces and candles? Country Living taught me awesome ways to save money while getting out my creative energy.
Add them to a centerpiece, display them inside your fireplace, or style them on your mantel. Also a great idea for some homemade gifts.