ICYMI: Flu Death Numbers Reach 10,000
And we're not done yet.
According to the CDC they predict that so far this season there have been at least 19,000,000 - yes, 19 MILLION - cases of the flu. At least 180,000 hospitalizations due to the flu. And at least 10,000 deaths.
The CDC is predicting that this trend will continue through February. You know what that means? That means you should follow these instructions from the CDC:
- Get vaccinated (they recommend this for anyone older than 6 months)
- Avoid any close contact with sick people.
- Stay home if you get sick.
- Cover your mouth when you cough.
- Wash your hands. Often.
- Also, if you do get sick, get seen by a doctor ASAP.
Follow these simple steps, and you should be fine.