Breaking This Law In Jasper Could Cost You
Every state has it's own share of goofy laws. And, just because it's the greatest state, does not exempt Texas from having laws like this. Some of these, found on DumbLaws.com, you may have heard before.
- It's illegal to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
- Criminals have to give victims a 24-hour notice - orally or written - to explain the nature of the crime that will be committed.
- You can't milk another person's cow.
- It is illegal to sell your own eye.
- It's illegal for children to have unusual haircuts (Mesquite).
- You cannot emit obnoxious odors while in an elevator (Port Arthur).
- It's illegal to throw trash out of an airplane (Galveston).
- It's illegal to land an airplane on a beach (Also Galveston).
And these are just a few of the dumb laws in Texas. However, there is one law, that's right here in our back yard.
- In Jasper, dogs have to be on a leash at ALL times.
I suppose that means that even if it's in your yard, your car, or even your house, it has to be on a leash. That's the way I read it at least. So, if you want to avoid a fine, you may want to invest in a leash or two.