One minute she was doing her homework and playing, and within an hour or two she was complaining of being cold and achy, so I took her temperature. It was 104.4! What happened next taught me something.
This might make you think twice about eating raw oysters. A Texas woman died after developing a flesh-eating bacterial infection about three days after she ate them, and doctors say it's not an isolated incident. It's something that happens about a hundred times each year.
It doesn't take long for the flu to work its way through the house or the office and knock people out, but if we eat certain foods we'll say healthy and and win the battle. Citrus and berries are good, and dark chocolate will give us a boost too.
One East Texas doctor is very quietly having a huge impact on thousands of people several continents away, and recently performed a milestone 30-thousandth surgery aboard Africa's Mercy Ship. Those folks can see, thanks to him!
A 3-year old boy was misdiagnosed at first, but a doctor near Houston finally figured out the red splotches on his skin were the result of a flesh-eating staph infection. He swam with his family at Lake Sam Rayburn at the end of July.
If you're so hungry that you don't have time to wash the strawberries before you eat them, you could end up in the bathroom for a few hours with a pretty awful stomach ache. More Texans are heading to the toilet this year with a food-related illness called Cyclosporiasis, so we&…