Handy Smart Measure App for Figuring Out How Big Really Big Things Are
You're on vacation. You come across a landmark: the Eiffel Tower, the Empire State Building, the Pyramids of Giza—or the world's largest rubber-band ball. You wonder, how tall is it really? But you didn't get the audio guide. Well, whip out your phone and use the Smart Measure app, and the knowledge will be yours in just a few seconds.
Created by Smart Tools Co., the Smart Measure app allows you to measure both an object's distance and height. It can also measure width and area with the rangefinder (telemeter) function.
- Allows you to quickly measure an object's dimensions
- Easy to use, once you know the app
- Has pro versions—Smart Measure Pro and Smart Distance Pro—each available for download for a mere 99 cents
- The navigation and usage of the app are not intuitive: any app that comes with instructions in a manual and on a blog, plus a how-to-use video available on YouTube, is probably unnessecarily complicated
- The dimension measures aren't entirely accurate and should be used for approximations only
- You may have to calibrate the settings of the app depending on the operating system of your phone
- May have trouble working in light rooms, due to its shutter function
If you're a contractor and depending on this app to build a house, then you should probably find a new vocation because the house you're building will fall down. However, if you're an average Joe and really need to know the dimensions of any object you come across, this is the app for you.
The Smart Measure app is downloadable for Android platforms. For more information on the app and how to download, click here.