Area Road Construction Projects for the Week of January 25th
Construction and maintenance work continues this week throughout the nine county Lufkin District with closures and detours scheduled in several areas.
Construction crews in Angelina County are working on the intersection of Spence Street and Loop 287 where permanent concrete barriers are being set on Loop 287 in the eastbound main lanes near the west end of the project.
The North Timberland Drive closure at the A&NR Railroad Bridge will continue as contractors begin to dismantle the old railroad bridge. Tracks are being set for a temporary bridge and storm sewer pipe and excavation work continues in the northbound main lane. That area should reopen to limited traffic by early March, weather permitting.
Angelina County Maintenance crews will continue to rehabilitate the entry/exit ramps that will require the closure on Monday of the entry/exit ramps at FM 325/Lufkin Avenue near Lufkin High School. Work should be complete by 5 p.m., weather permitting. Motorists are urged to take the entry/exit ramps at FM 841/Ford Chapel Road.
Other construction and maintenance work planned for the coming week include:
- FM 706: Contractors will safety treat fixed objects from SH 103 West to US 69 North. This work includes cutting and restoring pavement to install new cross culverts. Lane closures are expected throughout the week in this area.
- SH 7: Maintenance crews will work to level the roadway in various places.
- US 59/SL 224: Contractors will continue working through the project with storm sewer being placed along US 59 in advance of the widening at Spradley Street. Utility crews will also work throughout the project to relocate utilities.
- SL 224: Contractors are working on guard rail and culverts at various locations from SH 7 East to US 259.
- FM 1878: Road excavation continues and the subgrade and pavement is being constructed from North Street to Clark Boulevard.
- FM 1275: Maintenance crews will be leveling road base near University Drive and working on road shoulders from SL 224 to the end of the pavement.
- US 190: Construction crews will begin to set barriers ahead of beginning work to construct passing lanes.
- FM 1988: Columns will be set along with abutments for the bridge replacement at Long King Creek. Bridge replacements will also continue on Hubert Cemetery Road at Dickens Branch, on Kelly Road at Menard Creek and on Soda Loop East at Bluff Creek.
- SH 21: Construction crews will continue to work on two projects from FM 1280 in Austonio to SH 7 near Crockett that will extend drainage structures in preparation for reconstructing and widening the pavement.
- SH 7: Contractors are working to add a passing lane west of the city of Kennard. Work to extend drainage structures is ongoing in preparation for the pavement widening.
- SH 7 East: Maintenance crews will be repairing road base.
- SH 19 South: Base work and repair on roadway.
- CR 3480: The road will be closed to prepare for the demolition of the off-system bridge replacement. The road will remain closed until the new bridge is constructed.
- FM 2967: Maintenance crews will be repairing road base.
SAN JACINTO COUNTY
- SH 150: Work is scheduled to repair potholes and base failures.
- FM 224: Maintenance crews will work on drainage issues at various locations.
- FM 980: Maintenance crews will clean and replace delineators at various locations.
- FM 1514, FM 3128 and FM 946 North: Maintenance crews will repair potholes and base failures.
- Various locations: Maintenance crews will repair, clean and straighten signs, delineators and mailboxes in various locations.
- US 287: Contractors will continue to rehabilitate pavement through the City of Groveton and utilities are being relocated.
- SH 19: Maintenance crews will be rehabilitating ditches.
- FM 3453: Crews will work to level shoulders and rehabilitate ditches.
SAN AUGUSTINE COUNTY
- US 96: Traffic has been shifted and barriers placed as contractors continue to work on the new bridge at Ayish Bayou.
- FM 95: Maintenance crews will be repairing road base.
- FM 1277: Ditch rehabilitation and road base repairs.
- FM 705: Crews will safety treat fixed objects from SH 147 to the end of the pavement.
- Various locations: Construction crews will work to construct ADA compliant ramps at various locations within the City of San Augustine.
- US 84: Construction crews continue to work on the TX/LA bridge at the Sabine River as the demolition of the old bridge begins. Traffic has been shifted to the newly constructed eastbound bridge.
- FM 139: Crews will safety treat cross drainage structures and guardrails.
- CR 4323: Bridge approach work at Flat Fork Creek and Mill Creek and relief structures near Tenaha will continue.
- Various locations: Construction crews are preparing to begin work on constructing ADA compliant ramps at various locations within the City of Center.