Horace Mann knows that motor vehicle accidents and vehicle damage can cause considerable amounts of stress to your life, but they are committed to being there for you when you need them most. Read their list of tips that will help ensure your peace of mind immediately after the incident, and answer a trivia question to earn 500 points. After you’ve been in an accident remember these rules:
- Remain calm. Move your vehicle to a safe location (if possible), and check to see if anyone is injured.
- Call 911 for medical, and/or police assistance (if applicable). If the police are contacted, retain the officer’s name and phone number, as well as the police report number.
- If another vehicle is involved in an accident, exchange insurance and contact information. Do not admit fault.
- Document what exactly happened. Consider using your cell phone’s voice note recorder to help you remember key facts. If it is possible, take photographs of the damage to both vehicles and the accident site.
- Contact Horace Mann to report your claim as soon as possible. Call toll-free at 800-999-1030 or visit the online Claims Center. Have your Horace Mann policy number ready. You should also notify your agent that you need to report a claim.
For more information visit their website.
Fill in the blank: The first step after a motor vehicle accident is to remain ________.