Flooding Woes Continue for East Texas
The East Texas Flooding continues.
The remnants of Bill have brought more flooding rains this morning across a large swath of East Texas. Another 1-3 inches of rain is possible this morning. Travel is discouraged.
Here’s a list of warnings and road conditions:
- Flash Flood Warning until 12:30 for Nacogdoches, Angelina, and Shelby counties
- Water across the road in several areas on Highway 94 between Groveton and Apple Springs
- Water across the road and trees down on FM 95 north of Garrison
- FM 226 south of Woden and FM 1638 between Loop 224 and FM 343 have water over the roadway.
- FM 324 is now closed due to high water.
- Water is over the roadway on FM 2497. Trees are down along SH 103 East and US 69 South.
- 69 S is flooded right pass Carroll road, one lane open Northbound through that area
- FM 95 between Chireno and Martinsville has water over road
- As of 7:15 a.m., 69S at Biloxi was still passible. Only one northbound lane open at that area.
- Water on road at Highway 21 in Chireno. Several cars already swept off roadway.
- Shelby County is reporting water over US 96, SH 87, Loop 500, SH 7 East and FM 947 at Tenaha
- Senior Citizen’s MayFest which was rescheduled to today at the Pitser Garrison Civic Center is still going on
- County Line Road in Trinity County has water over the road in 8 separate places
- Forest Service Road 527 East in Houston County is washed out (collapsed culvert)
- Banita Creek Par and Farmer’s Market area is flooded. Water over Pearl Street near Nacogdoches Police Department.
- Sealcoating in sections of FM 95 between SH 21 and the Blackjack community has washed off the road due to high water.
- More high water at FM 841 near US 69 South, FM 2497 near the racetrack and FM 324 at the railroad tracks.
- High water is threatening areas of downtown Nacogdoches at Banita Creek and on FM 225 near Morale Creek, west of Loop 224
- Nacogdoches County Road 353 Catholic Church road washed out south of the church.
We will continue to update this page as conditions warrant.