Distraught Child Screams When Her Mom Overdoses in Store
Warning: this is a tough video to watch.
A two-year-old sobs and screams when her mother suffers a drug overdose in the aisle of a Family Dollar in Lawrence, Mass. last Sunday.
According to WFXT, "Combined with drug paraphernalia found in the woman’s bag, straws and baggies with drug residue, they [police] believe she had overdosed on an oral version of heroin or an opiate-based narcotic like fentanyl."
The woman was revived with Narcan and the video is expected to be used to help charge her with child endangerment. The daughter was placed in the custody of the Department of Children and Families.
Authorities are sharing the video in the hopes it will warn people about the dangers of drug abuse, which seems to be a growing technique.
Earlier this month, police in Ohio shared a photo of a couple who overdosed in their car while a toddler sat in the back seat. And back in February, police outside of Philadelphia also went public with a video of a man who overdosed on a bus.