School Shooting at Lone Star College in North Houston [UPDATE]
Update 10:00 p.m. (CT)
- Four people were injured today – three of them were from gunfire, one woman from medical issues (supposedly suffered a heart attack).
- Both suspects are being detained and questioned about the altercation, no arrests have been made yet. Names have not been released.
- The campus is scheduled to re-open Wednesday.
Update 5:00 p.m. (CT)
- All students have now been evacuated from campus.
- The search for a suspected shooter is taking place in the woods around the campus.
Update 2:11 p.m. (CT)
- Two injured people have been taken to Ben Taub Hospital for surgery. They were conscious hen they arrived, though they are in “relatively serious condition”
- Second gunman on the loose, officers believe he is not on campus.
- Authorities believe the incident is under control
Update 2:02 p.m. (CT)
- KHOU.com reports three people were shot
- Witnesses say two men were arguing, one pulled out a gun and opened fire
- Campus on lockdown, but students and teachers are being evacuated
- One alleged shooter in custody
Sadly, another school shooting has occurred in the United States.
This time, it’s been reported that multiple people have been shot at Lone Star College in north Harris County. The number of civilians as well as the extent of their injuries is unclear at this time. Reports have surfaced that there were two gunmen.
The school published this emergency alert on their website:
ALERT: LSC-North Harris - Campus Evacuation
LSC-North Harris campus evacuation is in progress. A couple of armed suspects reported.; injuries reported. Incident limited to LSC-North Harris.
Posted 1/22/2013 at 12:52 pm
Updated 1/22/2013 at 1:08 pm
More details to follow.